Sunday, June 27, 2010

God has put me in CT for a reason …..so why am I still fighting him!


This first part is from a testimonial I submitted to my pastor about the ministry year in review and Lighthouse in review.

I was thinking about seeing God’s work in people and feelings. I was looking at God’s work not only in my life, but also in the lives of others. I have to say I never felt more love then I do at this church. Especially, the people that have reached out to me and offer me simple things as a prayer or a smile or even a hug. My experiences with churches have always lead me to hate churches in general. Lighthouse has transcended all my conventional thoughts that I have ever thought about churches. The service the atmosphere the people it is all different. People talk about seeing God’s love in certain places and certain people. I have to say that I understand that now. I see God’s love and his hand all throughout Lighthouse. If it is the ideas that are thrown out to help the community or if it’s the prayers I hear, I just feel different about how I look at all churches and how I look at God. In short it gives me hope where I thought there was none. God’s rekindled a fire in me to do more for my spiritual well being. This fire would not have existed if not for the people and the community within the community that is Lighthouse Church.


Pastor Saunders used this as well as many of other testimonies today. It was interesting and great to see what Lighthouse has done this year. I am proud to consider myself apart of this church. My faith is growing and it is amazing that I found a church that is growing just like me. I should correct myself for that sentence. It is amazing that God has put a church in my life that I can grow with.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

I like to emphasize the part …..”continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. “ So as to me being in CT. I feel like I am helping those around me. I feel like I am getting used to this. I know I say that today and it could be a fleeting feeling I surely hope not. I pray that it is not. So far I have been able to bring 2 guys to Lighthouse. I talk about my faith with my friends and I have invited several to my baptism. It is weird being here. It is odd being at this point. Everyone knows the cliché the Lord works in mysterious ways. There is no better way to put it than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment