Monday, June 14, 2010

Friendship


There are so many definitions for the word friend. Lately I’ve felt without but I know that’s bullshit because there are so many people in this world that always have my back no matter what no matter how and no matter when.

A friend is someone who will sign on at 2am to just make sure you’re ok.
A friend is someone who is willing to loan you $500 to make sure u can get back on your feet.
A friend is someone who will stay until the end even though they know what you’re doing is wrong.
A friend is someone who no matters how hard he falls for u that no matter what he’ll be there for u always.
A friend is someone whose loyalty and respect are never questioned.
A friend is someone who loves you enough to hurt you when the truth needs to be heard.

*A friend has no problem listening to your sobs and saying the things you need at that moment.
*A friend who will go out of their way after you are hurting to just send you a text to make sure your ok.

In a way I went through one of these things with one of my friends and I love them all and they all love me and even though I lose track of that sometimes it’s good to put it in writing to remind me of how dumb I can be sometimes to think I’m alone in this world.

( I wrote that on Monday, March 5, 2007 at 12:29pm…..It was a FB note so that’s how I knew the day and time lol except the two things with asterisks)

I am re-posting this in my blog because I truly and utterly love my friends all of them. From the ones who broke me down and have been with me at the highest of highs and lowest of lows. Everyday I fight this emotional fight with myself. I go through these questions of whether or not I have value because I place so much in my friendships and relationships in general. It’s something I recognize is an issue but how can I not love my friends and cherish what I have with them. With that said it’s hard to lose one and it’s hard to be there for those who you feel for more than just a friendship. That’s the thing to remember though is that true friendship can never die. True friendship is wanting more for someone than you want for yourself without it costing you a personal harmful sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment