Saturday, March 24, 2012

Financial Stability

There is a lot to be said about being financially stable. I left my job at the end of December to pretty much do nothing. My savings at this point are depleted and I took a job making what I consider minimum wage which actually is 12 an hr. I am happy at the job, even though I do not like several ways the administration handles things. I’m just saying that I would do things a great deal differently. Let me get back to the pay because that is what I want to focus on. I can sort of kind of pay my bills, but it literally leaves no room to do anything else. I mean nothing at all. I can barely afford to pay for my gas. It leaves me with two options. Get another job or get a part time job to help me afford this “glamorous” lifestyle I live. I keep thinking to myself, what is the point God is trying to make? What is the lesson to be learned here? I keep thinking about this and the answer is ..BE CONTENT. I keep trying to find ways of finding something or someone to make me happy and I am rarely content with what I have. Now I ultimately believe that Haggar was a bad situation and it was necessary for me to leave. What I did not value was the money that I was making there. I said a job is a job but to understand that I making money that people dream about…which dreaming about making 35k a yr is ridiculous but people do it, is quite sad. I took for granted the financial freedom that God gave with Haggar. Now I have a new opportunity in Modells to make 38k a yr. A 3k pay bump. I keep praying to really understand what course of action to take. It would be so easy to jump on it immediately, but will it make me happy? How soon before I start to take Modells for granted? I don’t know. I keep saying to myself, God give me this opportunity and I will not squander it. Keep in prayer and hope that I make the right move.

No comments:

Post a Comment