Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Heart Smiles


Friendships are a very very powerful thing. They have gotten me through the toughest times in my life. They have help me overcome tremendous obstacles. The older I have gotten the more I appreciate the intangible value of friendship. Recently, I have gotten extremely close to one of my friends and it was a great reminder of the love that I have in my life and the love I am able to give in my life. Intimate love and the love displayed in friendship sometimes blur and is very different but powerful nonetheless. The current friendship has inspired me to start moving myself to work on personal goals and ask myself each and every day, “What have I done to move closer to accomplishing my goals!” I know it is kind of cliché but honestly, it made me think of all the bullshit that I do each day to further someone else’s goals or dreams or hinder my growth by wasting my time in nonsense. I have realized that I have become very thoughtful in my decision-making process and as I often like to say YOLO, that that lifestyle is far from realistic in your 30’s versus your 20’s. Pretty much a nice way of saying I am washed! I think the affinity that I have for this current individual is that she simply lives out her life with intention.  Do not get me wrong several of my friends do but it’s different. I love my network. I think I often take them for granted but I have been receiving some gentle reminders that my crew is pretty dope. I could go on but I feel like that’s a great way to end this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment