Sunday, August 1, 2010

Letter to a Friend


My name is Anthony. I don’t know you but what I do know and what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, is that I love you. With all my heart, I love you. It is not because you are a relative of my friend but a human being. There is only one thing in this world that makes me feel that way and its God. Through his grace and everlasting love I can say that without condition because I know He loves me without condition. I know He loves you without condition. No matter what no one or anything can change that. No matter what you did in your past that is not you. You can be the man who God wants you to be starting right now. God does not care about your past he cares about your future. What will you do with your life tomorrow.

Not many people get second chances to restart their life. I know it is amazingly hard to see the good in any situation when you feel like you have been beaten for the most part of your life. Every day we wake up is a new day. Tomorrow is a day that is wiped clean of the inequities and tribulations of yesterday. Trust me I know what it feels like to have this burning sensation of anger and hate and depression. I know what it feels like to be at the very lowest of lows and feeling like you are just circling the drain. However, it is like a great sermon from my pastor, that in those moments where we are pushed into a dark corner, where it seems like there’s no turning back, where all hope is lost, it is in those moments that Jesus needs to come to mind because you think you’re a lone but you’re wrong! Jesus is with you saying get out of this corner. Jesus is saying let me light the way if it’s dark for you. Jesus is the one who’s saying there is hope and turn to me and I will not only guide you but I will give you all you need strength and patience.

I hope that the worlds turns, and that things get better. Another thing to remember is that prayer is one the most powerful tool a believer has next to the bible. While God might not answer every single prayer the way you want. He definitely does hears and responds to each one.


(Some of it came from a speech I heard in V for Vendetta)I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment