Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hawwa's Speech to me

My friend gave me this speech a few weeks before my grandmother passed away. I was struggling with wanting to see her in the hospital in that condition.
I find it poetic and amazingly uplifting.

Anthony you really owe it to yourself to be strong. Being strong means shedding a lot of layers and confronting the honest truth about ourselves and our situations. Not all of which you will like. Being strong means embracing a better part of yourself and allowing others to see that, you're on the verge of really changing. Don't let your fears hold you back. Its time Anthony. I see nothing wrong with challenging yourself to be a better and stronger person only because you've been through too much to give me that, "I don't want to be strong" nonsense. We all have those moments but the greatest gift you can give YOURSELF is strength and an unyielding belief in your positive future.

No comments:

Post a Comment